Western Reserve Health Education (WRHE) Celebrates 20 Resident Graduates and Welcomes 25 New Residents to the Program
Western Reserve Health Education (WRHE), a teaching affiliate of Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 沙龙区域 Medical Center, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, recently celebrated 20 graduating residents. The graduation was held on Friday, June 17th at Leo’s Ristorante. The residents represented several specialty areas including Family Medicine, 内科医学, 和手术. During the ceremony, awards were given out to the following residents and faculty members:
- 1st Place: Karla Luketic, MD, MPH, Surgery
- 2nd Place: Shyam Poudel, MD, 内科医学
- 3rd Place: Noha Soror, MD, 内科医学
质量 & Performance Improvement Award
- 1st Place: Joseph Miladore, MD, Family Medicine
- 2nd Place: Emma Sayre, MD, Family Medicine
- 3rd Place: Ravi Patel, MD, Family Medicine and Sajni Patel, MD, Family Medicine
- 1st Place: Allen Tsai, MD, Surgery
- 2nd Place: Nimit Dalal, MD, 内科医学
- 3rd Place: Ruben Neris, MD, Surgery
以上 & 超越学院奖
- Shyam Bhakta, MD, Interventional Cardiologist at Trumbull Regional Medical Center
- Arooj Ahmed, MD, 内科医学
- Poonam Choudhry, MD, 内科医学
- Sonali Koirala, MD, 内科医学
- Love Shah, MD, 内科医学
- Krutarth Pandya, MD, 内科医学
- Janki Patel, MD, 内科医学
- Pratik Saha, MD, 内科医学
- Roshani Shrestha, MD, 内科医学
- Muhammad Fahad Khalid, MD, 内科医学
Core Competency 奖 (内科医学)
- 病人 Care: Arooj Ahmed, MD
- Medical Knowledge: Shyam Poudel, MD
- Practice Based Learning Improvement: Frank Santana Martinez, MD
- Interpersonal and Communications: Noha Soror, MD
- Professionalism: Rajvee Patel, MD, and Subarna Gautam, MD
- System Based Learning: Parth Shah, MD
“We are very proud of our residents and all they have achieved during the course of their residency training” said Kimberly Howe, 博士学位, FCCM, President and Designated Institutional Official WRHE. “The past two years have brought forth many challenges in health care, but our residents remained focused and worked together as a team to provide the highest quality of care to all our patients. We are fortunate to have our partnership with Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 沙龙区域 Medical Center, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital and I am confident that the hands-on experience the residents have received at these facilities will allow them to go on and make outstanding contributions in health care,豪说。.
On Thursday, June 30th WRHE welcomed 25 new physician residents into the program. The new residents began practicing under the supervision of board-certified physician faculty and advanced resident physicians. These new resident physicians were selected after a rigorous vetting and interview process of the more than 8,000份申请.S. medical students and physicians from around the world.
The WRHE residency programs are accredited to host up to 72 residents and provide supervised inpatient care in our affiliated Steward hospitals and outpatient care at our community-based clinics. WRHE consists of several departments that foster medical education: Graduate Medical Education, Continuing Medical Education, Undergraduate Medical Education, 研究, and the Health Science Library. WRHE’s mission is to provide lifelong learning opportunities for physicians and health care professionals in all areas of clinical care and research by providing diverse educational activities that aim to increase knowledge, 的态度, 和技能, enhance practice performance, and improve the health status of our patients and the communities we serve.
WRHE was the first organization to offer residency programs in the greater Youngstown/Warren area and has a long history in graduate medical education that began in the late 1800’s with just three residents. 现在, the program educates over 80 house staff in five residency and fellowship programs and offers residency and fellowship experiences at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 沙龙区域 Medical Center, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, major teaching facilities for NEOMED, with diverse patient populations and outstanding faculty.
Western Reserve Health Education, 以及特朗布尔地区, 沙龙区域, and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, wish the graduating residents all the best in their future endeavors and welcome the 121st class of residents new.